Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Am Currently Reading


Currently reading Lisa Kleypas' Only With Your Love.

I wanted to take a photo of the book with an afternoon sunlight. I like how romantic and soft photos look in the afternoon. But to my dismay, it started to get gloomy and after a few minutes, it started to rain! As I write this, I can smell the pungent odor of wet dirt. I don't know about you but I like the smell of dirt. It always reminds me of summer days in May. The air would be filled with the strong scent of damp soil. It is the kind of atmosphere dreamers fit in.

I digress.

Last week, my sister and I purchased 5 Lisa Kleypas books. I have to admit, I am such a sucker for regency romance. I don't know where I have gotten my addiction to 18th century era. It probably has something to do with the emancipation of women, which I believe started in this century (no, I don't believe it started with the emergence of washing machines!). This era reminds me of how resilient women have become--how tolerant of so many absurd things. Since antiquity, we have been regarded as creatures with as much importance as a satchel--useless and dispensable. It is nice to read a few novels where women are given freer rein.

Anyway, I'm about to finish this book. I think it's a good read, a keeper. But don't take my word for it. I tend to moon over dashing-hero-damsel-in-distress kind of plot. On the other hand, it is Lisa Kleypas. She manages to break the commonplace expected in historical romance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy