Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thrift Shopping Is A Vice


I was out thrifting yesterday. Yes. On a Monday afternoon. I was restless the whole day and all I wanted was to work off the restlessness by thrift shopping. And I just remembered the vintage blue vest I saw (but didn't buy) and I wanted to go back and buy it. Unfortunately, someone else bought it first.

But I wasn't too disappointed because yesterday's haul was more than a bargain. I was able to find the cropped slouchy granny-like top featured in the photo, a white cropped sando blouse and utilitarian like navy-blue vest which, according to my sister, looks good with the flats she saw in another thrift shop. Naturally I had to cave in. Again. Me and my monumental lack of self-discipline.

I wasn't able to take photos of the other stuff I bought. I had a pile of work-related things to do today so I didn't get a chance to take photos until a few minutes ago when the sun has already graced the other side of the Earth. As it turned out, I managed to make a mess of my bedroom. I have to clean up the clutter later.

After scouring thift stores yesterday, I went to the grocery. I found Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar! The other grocery I went to last Friday didn't have Bragg brand of ACV. I have started my detox regimen today. As a result of the numerous reviews I have read about the miraculous health benefits of Bragg ACV regimen, I was actually expecting it to stink when I first opened the bottle. But to my surprise, it actually smells like sukang iloko. If you are a true blue ilocana like me, you wouldn't even bat an eyelash about the smell. When I was younger, I used to drink left-over sukang iloko like a drunkard in a tavern. I will drink it until my lips turn white and someone will scold me and stop me from further damaging my esophagus!

I have yet to see the results people are raving about. But hey, this is just my first day of ACV regimen. Hopefully it will work. I need the extra energy and the detox and the extra calcium.

So yeah, that's about it for today. Catch you later! Comments and messages are welcome. /spewing hearts to all <3 <3 <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy