Saturday, January 8, 2011

Be Happy In Stealth


I was supposed to post this last night but cityville got in the way and before I knew it, it was already 11 pm and I was yawning every other minute. I haven't been playing Facebook games for a long time and I finally succumbed to the popularity of cityville and decided to try it out. Needless to say it is an addicting game. It will enamor you and take you away from your duties. Count yourself warned.

So anyway, this was what I wore yesterday.




It's just my i-can't-think-of-anything-to-wear-right-now outfit. My creative juice was running in short supply and no amount of inspiration can fill it up yesterday. The skirt was actually the first skirt I have ever made. It was originally an ankle-length piece I got from the thrift store. I gave it to my cousin and took it back yesterday and bribed her with an old pair of gladiator shoes I have only worn once. haha!

And since we are on the subject of sewing, I have news. I have decided to start sewing again--or more accurately start altering thrift and vintage finds.

clearly contrived photo

I figured I'm going to start with this vintage find I got from the thrift store a few weeks back. 

I'm a sucker for 1950's fashion. And I am endeavoring to channel that penchant for this era this year. I have been fashion-confused for the longest time and I think it's about time I end up having a signature style. I'm planning to alter this dress into a 1950's-inspired dress. Wish me luck!

Went to Myk's yesterday so we can work on activating and verifying my paypal account. Verifying paypal accounts in the Philippines without a credit card is very tedious. But thankfully, Myk's persistence, along with his web savvyness paid off. I now have a verified paypal account, thank you very much!

As usual, I camwhored while he was laboring over the procedures on how to get my account verified. Took some photos of the epic snacks we had yesterday including a box of ichigo mochi. It was the best mochi I have ever tasted. Oh wait, it's actually the first mochi I have ever tasted. But anyway, it's still superb!

a tray of delicious ichigo mochi

 It was so amazingly fluffy that I can't help squeezing and touching it right before eating. Showing my fangs because of utter delight!

Took a bite and realized if I squeeze it just like so, the silky jellied strawberry inside looks like a heart. Fwa fwa mochi!

And its nice cupcake wrapper!

Also opened a box of fortune cookies. I don't really like eating fortune cookies but I like reading the fortunes inside. I don't know who makes these stuff but I don't think fortunes are similar with quotes or advices. But nevertheless, they were quite helpful! And accurate too!


my fortune

 Myk's fortune


Guess what we found selling in San Fernando's night food market?


Takoyaki! I miss eating these. And until now, my small town is left in the dark as to the awesomeness of these little octopus-filled balls. Unfortunately, they weren't half as good as those sold in Baguio. Pickled ginger, nori flakes and bonito flakes are missing! My taste buds don't really care much for takoyaki balls drowned in cheese.

So that's it for now. I'm gonna go and get a bit more sleep before a busy week starts again. Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy