Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm On A Roll


"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not.


I believe that mankind's destiny lies in the stars. I believe that candy really did taste better when I was a kid, that it's aerodynamically impossible for a bumble bee to fly, that light is a wave and a particle, that there's a cat in a box somewhere who's alive and dead at the same time (although if they don't ever open the box to feed it it'll eventually just be two different kinds of dead), and that there are stars in the universe billions of years older than the universe itself.



I believe in a personal god who cares about me and worries and oversees everything I do. I believe in an impersonal god who set the universe in motion and went off to hang with her girlfriends and doesn't even know that I'm alive. I believe in an empty and godless universe of causal chaos, background noise, and sheer blind luck.


I believe in absolute honesty and sensible social lies. I believe in a woman's right to choose, a baby's right to live, that while all human life is sacred there's nothing wrong with the death penalty if you can trust the legal system implicitly, and that no one but a moron would ever trust the legal system.



I believe that life is a game, that life is a cruel joke, and that life is what happens when you're alive and that you might as well lie back and enjoy it." - Neil Gaiman, American Gods



 I'm really not reading anything. hoho. Contrived much?

Neil Gaiman is my personal literary hero. No one can be as jaded while simultaneously being inspiring as Neil Gaiman. If only I can be half as inspiring as he is, I can probably save the drunkards in my neighborhood from their impending doom.  

But anyway, I was planning on posting this some time next week since I don't like to be a weekend-only-blogger...but what the hey! There's no difference anyways. And I promised myself I'm never letting social norms and expectations eat me alive. So there you go. A new blog post.
And by some unadulterated miracle, my ability to put words together is finally coming back. Imagine that. I have to tell you my secret. Empanda. You know, that orange thing filled with papaya, egg and longganisa deep-fried in oil. It has to be eaten with spicy sukang iloko. It will rev up your brain like no other.

Now that I can think far more clearly, I have arrived to a tentative decision. I'm going to quit lookbook. haha! I haven't had much success gaining hypes or whatever it is you have to gain from there. And I just discovered that Lookbook pretty much filters outfit posts from users with a comparatively low Karma. I don't get it. The whole purpose of posting outfits is to gain more Karma. If they're not going to show your photos to all users, how in the world are you going to get more Karma?

So my tiny world is going to get significantly tinier with me inconspicuously being MIA in lookbook. Not that my absence is going to be missed.

Moving on, if you have noticed, this blog underwent a few changes. How do you like the new layout so far? I don't claim to be a graphic guru but I hope this new layout is good enough for you to want to come back to my blog. T__T

About the outfit:

I'm really not in the habit of checking back labels. I go thrift shopping a lot. Like 2 times a month or more. And I buy in bulk. I know! It's crazy. But that's the beauty of thrifting. You can shop sans the guilt. You can buy very cheap items. Most of them are still in good condition. 

outer: blazer, thrifted
inner: lace top, thrifted
shorts: bubble polka dot shorts, thrifted
hair accessory: lace made into a headband

4 comments:

stacysaddleshoes said...

I love these latest 2 looks.I cant believe you are 25.you look like a little girl,I am jealous:)
I love both outfits.I adore how you look in those shoes and white socks.those socks are a great look on you

Kathy said...

oh thank you! You can just imagine what I look like when I'm dressed down at home. I totally look like a kid. haha! :))

Emilyisasecret said...

very cute!

Adelle said...

How incredible is Neil Gaiman. I love Stardust and American Gods. But on another note I love these bubble shorts hehe

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy