Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Pocketful Of Sunshine


As I write this entry, I marvel at the comforts one can find in pajamas and wonder why we can't wear them 24/7. The fashion industry must be cringing at my idea of a pajama-wearing society. But truly, PJs, especially during bed weather are pretty much indispensable.

News got to me that there's going to be a power interruption in our town this Saturday. Because the weather has been undeniably warm these past few days, I wished for a cooler temperature for Saturday. Boy, did I get what I wished for.

The weather looked pretty good early this morning until dark clouds started hovering. A few minutes later, the wind turned high and rain started pelting. Our small neighborhood quickly turned like the setting in one of those apocalypse movies. Like there's a UFO waiting to annihilate the human race or change the world as we know it or something. The weather was odd and crazy. But then, when hasn't it been odd and crazy, I wonder?

Perceiving that it's going to be like that the whole day, I went to my room and made this:


It's my very first teru teru bouzu. This is actually an amulet popularized by Japanese people. If you are a manga, anime, j-dorama aficionado, you've probably seen this little ghost-like doll. It's supposed to stop or prevent bad weather. To it's credit, the rain actually stopped a few minutes after hanging it. But the wind was still pretty high. I blame that on the creepy facial expression of my teru teru bouzu. Fail. haha!

Birthday party went well regardless. But the weather proved to be a roadblock in taking decent photos. So I only came up with these:





I had to do a whole lot of editing, as you might have noticed. I didn't intentionally make them look like the pages of Popteen magazine. Funny how they came out that way. At least, I think they came out that way. I totally suck at editing.


Before I end this post, I would like to thank all the lovely and kind people who took the time to send me a birthday greeting. You all made me feel so well-loved! Spewing hearts! <3 <3 <3

2 comments:

Dana said...

That is such a cute outfit! I love the top :D

http://danaisnotdated.blogspot.com/

Kathy Is Chasing Pavements said...

Thanks Dana! I love your blog! :)

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy