Saturday, July 23, 2011

Brain Fatigue Gets The Better Of Me







22 episodes of Charmed, 16 episodes of Dream High, 22 episodes of Nikita and 15 episodes of City Hunter later, I emerge from my self-inflicted blog hibernation. I have been too lazy to take decent photos these days. And when I do feel a bit inspired, either the weather or the camera is not cooperating! And even now when I have something to post, blogger is not working properly! Everything is ganging up on me so I won't get to post this photo-heavy, self-indulgent post.

But now that I am back, I'm going to torture you with a slew of photos which feature only one person-me! ha! You should have seen that coming.




So anyway, I have been busy with work and my recent reconciliation with K-dramas. After ogling over the characters of Dream High for a few weeks, I finally snapped out of my DH addiction long enough to move on to another series. City Hunter has been occupying my days and nights.

Having sat through 22 episodes of Nikita, I must say Yun Seong, a.k.a City Hunter, is sorely lacking in stealth skills. To say that he is a Hunter is a bit of a misnomer considering the Prosecutor is doing a better job hunting him. His fighting skills are above par (and the only time he redeems himself) but more often than not, he botches up his plans with his carelessness.

I mean seriously City Hunter, you can't just walk into a building with lots of guards and expect to walk away unscathed. You can't just walk into a vault full of cash without locking the door first and expect that nobody is waiting for you to come out and catch you off guard. The first thing your mentor should have taught you is to watch your freakin' back! Heck, that's the rule of the thumb in most spy missions! The enemies got to you more than once because you were not watching your back!

You didn't even give the Prosecutor much of a challenge. Unwittingly, you were dropping clues on his path like Blue scatters paw prints all over the house. You could learn a thing or two from Nikita. Nikita could kick your ass without even batting an eyelash. And she can outwit you a thousand times. Your spy skills, or lack thereof, is grating on my nerves.

Forgive me for digressing and indulging in this irrelevant soliloquy. I haven't had a decent conversation with myself for the longest time. So humor me for a moment.

This is not to say that City Hunter is not worth your time. Or your bandwidth. It is actually good. If there's anything Koreans are good at, it is weaving interesting romance plots. Watching Yun Seong and Na Na repeatedly try to save and comfort each other is like placing make-shift butterflies in my stomach. They are so cute together, I can't even...


Anyhow, thanks to everyone who has been keeping track of this blog. I don't really expect anyone to be at the edges of their seats waiting for my next blog post but apparently, a lot of people in the blogosphere (and some friends! :) )actually missed me. I am relevant, after all. hee~

PS: Forgive the hair. Crazy weather is crazy. I seriously should do something with my hair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy